Monday, August 31, 2015

Motivational Poster

Hello fellow readers! I'm finally done with the Personal Manifesto (see last blog post) and I think I nailed the requirements! What are the requirements you ask? Well according to my requirements for this blog post I'll have to tell you anyway so HA! NO escape! So anyway, we had to make a Photoshop document consisting of two layers, one of them called "Personal Quotes" which consists of quotes we got off of the internet that we feel that relates to us and a layer named "Manifesto" which has short phrases that describe our goals/aspirations of the future/present. We had to kern the text to make the text visually pleasing to the eye. We also had to add three different pictures we took beforehand that we felt symbolized who we are as a whole and a portrait of our faces. (see personal symbols on last blog post) We also had to add effects to the text to make it more prominent over the four pictures we chose as our symbols. 

The first thing we had to do was take the portrait of my face explaining who I was in one picture. Then, I had to find some quotes on the internet that related to us we had to incorporate the quotes to the actual manifesto. Then we had to make "short but sweet" phrases, as my teacher put it, that describes how we want to live our lives and while also explaining our goals and aspirations for our lives. Then we had to kern the text so that the quotes and phrases were visually pleasing and at the same time adding and arranging the pictures we chose as our symbols and my portrait as a background. But because of the pictures the words had to be changed so you could see the words better.  The changes of the words included a stroke of color we picked from a Triadic Color Scheme and a couple more adjustment layers. 

The project was acutally easy for me acutally and I think this project really shows just how much I've improved in Photoshop since 6th grade! But I guess if I had to choose one difficulty I'd choose the stupidity of Photoshop! When I was almost done with kerning I saved my progress and all of a sudden when I logged on my progress was ALL GONE! Because of this setback I had to rush the project so the grae would count for our mid-quarter grade. So because of this my quality grade definetly suffered. But other then that, s'all good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment