Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Humorous Monologue


GarciaL_Comedy from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.
During this project I have absorbed many things I think will be important in later classes of GT. I have also learned a lot about the science of humor and joke-making while working on this project, which I think will be important in socialization. Since we are working alone with filming and editing I have learned a lot more about the editing program we have (iMovie) and the cameras we use which is pretty valuable for the months of GT to come. I also learned the rudiments of humor during this project. We had to do some research about how to write a joke and I learned a little more about  people and what makes us laugh!

In all of our clips we had to use a technique we call PAD. It's the method of adding a good 3 seconds to the beginning and the end of each clip, effectively padding that clip. We do this do prevent abrupt beginnings and ending in every clip, making the whole project flow making a great watching experience for audiences.

The strengths of my monologue was the amount of slapstick humor in it. There was a lot of slapping, pushing and physical humor which was funny to me and a lot of other people, but that lead to my weakness in my monologue. According to science slapstick is for elementary age- immature kids and I showed slapstick to mature, middle-school kids. While a lot of people laughed the more mature people didn't even laugh one bit, which kinda made me feel awkward. If I had to change anything about the whole thing, it would be to up the maturity level a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment