Thursday, November 5, 2015

Composition Scavenger Hunt


The one composition technique that I have think is the most important is "rule of thirds (subject)" which is when your subject and the landscape in the back of him/her is divided among imaginary lines resembling a tic-tac-toe grid. These lines can be used as guidelines to place different things on the points, like the object that you want your viewers to see or natural landforms to frame your picture etc. In GT it's a really key thing our teacher has drilled into us and when done perfectly it becomes really pleasing to the eye making a higher grade for us. Rule-of-thirds is so effective it's used in many other forms of media, like news interviews and movies making it one of the most well-known techniques in media. Rule of thirds can be hard to get right though, so be careful!

The one composition technique I have trouble with is contrast and content. Balancing the colors to make the eye attract to only one thing is hard because of the many colors out there. Finding a place ideal for using contrast and content is hard too, especially in an organic background and subject. Although, it's hard for me, I've seen the results of contrast and content when done correctly and the results are beautiful! I hope I can learn this soon!

For this project I partnered up with my very good friends Raghav Kumar and Kalani Young. Both have the same sense of humor s me and are generally really fun to hang out with. We've also done some really good GT pieces when we work together right! Raghav did most of the filming and Kalani helped him! When I wasn't modeling for the composition techniques I filmed some techniques of my own as well! It's was a team effort of course though...!

No comments:

Post a Comment