Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Finished News Story


P3T6 Science Fair from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.


So first of all yes! I have finished my school quarter-long project to make a profile story for a news show called HikiNo. So the story was abut how one of my team member's sister attended the school science fair and ended up going up to the district science fair and winning 10th place. It also explains the struggles and the hardships she had to endure to reach this goal and dream of hers. Balancing schoolwork and the science project, the hard researching and the pressure is just a few of many hardships she had to deal with. Our teammate Steven did the voiceovers, Raghav with the editing and camera work and I did the scripts and I also helped with the editing.

So in my opinion the finished product turned out great! There was little to no cuts of were we had to edit out some parts. There was also some really interesting B-roll we shot and there was even a bit of were my team member and his sister was actually conducting the experiment in front of the camera so that was a pretty cool touch. So honestly I'll have to say that it wasn't perfect but it was pretty great!


So eventually the dreaded time had come... critiquing the final product! So the when we had to go we were critiqued and we actually didn't do that bad. I mean we did get some votes and we got a really good grade out of it. So all that toil and the time spent into the project paid off and when we after the critique I was pretty proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment