Friday, November 7, 2014

My Visual Poem


GarciaL VisualPoem from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.


My visual poem was about the imagination and how much of a powerful thing it is. My poem talked about how without the imagination we would never be humans and we would forever be stuck as primal beasts and I truly believe that. I mean how would anything be made if we didn't imagine on how to make life better? So anyway, I had to add visuals and I added some B-roll to the poem since our teacher did really want to see the visuals of me recording my poem so I put b-roll of DVD players, cars, radio etc. to really solidify my point. I also put b-roll various things that corresponded to the words of my poem like when my poem said ..."one of the few freedoms left to man" I put b-roll of a mini American flag.

One of the requirements needed to get a full grade on our visual poem was special effects. So I put the "stabilization" effect, an effect that kinda smoothed over the parts where there was a lot of shaky cam when my hands quivered. So with that effect my grade raised considerably. I also put a little bit of colorization and I think that will raise the grade a little bit more.

I think I could have done better putting on some transitions to smooth over the sudden cuts and it was also another requirement. I also could have done better b-roll because honestly the b-roll I took was adequate compared to some of my peers.But other than that the visual poem itself was very good and I'm proud of what I did. But really to be honest I hold great pride in the poem itself and it was the best I've written so far! Hope I get a good grade on this!


27 comments:

  1. Um Lester... Look at the PDF name...



    IT'S MINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops heh heh sorry about that XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compliment: Good Creative B-roll.
    Criticism: Audio is clashed and unclear.
    Compliment: Good B-Roll I guess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Lively!
    I thought the music was distracting.
    I really liked the purpose of your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the B-roll
    My ears died
    The actual words said in the poem were good and they flowed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Music was great and matched wit voice over.
    I could not hear the voice over that well due to the music
    Visuals were very creattive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clear voice
    Audio is way too loud and some shots are blurry
    I like your poem

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked your overall meaning and symbolism in your poem it was very accurate.
    I thought your visual poem was really fast paced. The audio levels made it hard to follow.
    Overall your poem was really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the music was spot on! Perhaps you couldve turned the sound down a tad but from what I could hear, your poem is really amazing and has a very cool-deep meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very creative
    could be more quite
    great visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the idea of doing imagination as a poem. It was loud, I think you could have balanced it a little better. A lot of your visuals were really good I liked when you wrote the names and showed what they invented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice visuals
    balance your audio
    overall great story

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liked the pace and the voice of the poem. quality of shots could use some work. Very good with the song selection

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the idea of your poem. Could have balanced the sound because it was loud. Your visual were still amazingly awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that there is lots or b-roll.
    It was to loud and also some or the b-roll wasn't yours it was off a picture or computer.
    I also like the lyrics of your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good B-Roll, um I guess. The audio was very, very loud, you need to balance the audio. Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the shots were very nice, like the tv one.
    The voice noise is too loud.
    Creative words, bombnade, and creative story. I liked the sound effects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. good music and broll but balance the sound

    ReplyDelete
  19. Music was good and fitted the video
    I couldn't hear the voice over because it is muffled
    Had good b-roll

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked the poem.
    The audio could have been lowered.
    I think that the b-roll was good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. good back-round noise
    very loud
    good poem

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the music in the background.
    You could adjust the audio to be less loud.
    The poem was very sending a good message.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good b-roll. Could have lowered your audio level. You read your poem nicely

    ReplyDelete
  24. You may want to balance your audio next time. Your poem is super creative i cant tell it wasn't copy write.

    ReplyDelete
  25. good audio
    nice music
    great b-roll

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great shots
    great shot of the bus
    great job on the music and the bomb

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like how theres PLENTY of B-Roll
    I can barely understand what your saying in the poem, also you used some pictures that weren't yours, and the audio was really loud.
    I like the various angles you shot at.

    ReplyDelete