Friday, March 13, 2015

Typography Images

Typography itself is the art of making words look legible and yet beautiful while typography pictures is making an image visible by making the words white in a black background. The words used to make typography pictures should pertain to the person. For example, if you were to do a typography photograph of Martin Luther King Jr then you should probably add text that explains how he ended racial inequality. It can be used to make an impact because it catches the eye very easily and if the reader stays and is able to read the text then I think it would really hits home and tell the readers who the person is and his actions to change the world for the better.

First typography picture with Sandford Flemming
I think the hardest part this project was keeping up with our teacher's instructions and when I tried to keep up the work that came out was either flawed or very sloppy so in the end no matter how hard I tried to keep up with the tutorial I had to learn how to do it myself. But eventually I learned to and the problem was overcome. I learned to do it by getting some from a friend and to reinforce the help from my friend I found and watched a video covering everything I had to learn.I had some trouble with following the instructions since to me personally it was really hard to understand but with a lot of explaining, help given to me by my friends,peers, my teacher, and a lot of tutorials I understood. I also had trouble with Photoshop since I have really struggled with the program throughout this whole year but eventually I overcame that problem too.
Second Typography picture featuring Mr. Newbill!!!

For the first leg of this project we specifically had to do famous innovators like Steve Jobs, Benjamin Franklin and others but for this project I picked someone who I didn't know much about named Sandford Fleming who was a Scottish innovator and engineer. For the text I used a block of Wikipedia text and pasted it to the picture. The second leg of the project was supposed to be a teacher and I picked a picture of my Social Studies teacher Mr. Newbill. For the words we used a list of positive words describing that teacher. Some of the words I used was his name, where he was born and words like nice,helpful and healthy. For the third and final leg of the project we had to use a picture of ourselves. For the words we had to use the words we got from answering 10 questions about ourselves. Some of the words I used was my own name, Italy (where I was born) and fast-thinking, runner, reading etc.
Final

1 comment:

  1. I really like the typography of the teacher even though I dont know who that is!
    One thing that can be improved is the visibility of our picture. I cant even tell that it is you. I think its because of the dark background.
    I like the content of your paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete