Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Music Videos Rock!


So we have started a new project in GT as always but only this time it's actually all fun! We are making our own music video! (But not original song lyrics though) For our project we have to lip sync a song while making it as exciting and fun to watch as possible and it also has to have a story with it too. For this project our team consisting of Michael Gremse, Raghav Kumar (again) and Kaz Espina chose to do the song "When Can I See You Again" by Owl City (as I said in my previous blog post) and the idea was made by me and also did most of the production plan. I am also helping to make the album art that is also required. Raghav and Michael are the main camera guys and are also the people editing the raw footage and making the video. Kaz is now currently helping me with the album art on Photoshop.

There are a bunch of things I know the audience would like but I think the most appealing part of the whole music video isn't the music video at all! I'm talking about the bloopers!As soon as the camera stopped rolling one day we were filming at our school library Kaz and I started doing some random things because we were bored, but little did we know the camera was still rolling! The camera had caught us doing some weird stuffs and as soon as we found it was rolling though we started playing with the camera and doing random stuff purposely, making more funny bloopers. enjoy them! I know you will...

I think that Mr. Sandrel uses this project for two things: an opportunity for students to have fun before the school ends and to test what we have learned over the past school year. I think that the filming is testing our camera skills and the video itself is testing our editing skills with Final Cut and IMovie. As for the album poster that is digitally made I think it's to test our skills with Photoshop and what we have learned. With this whole music video, I think Mr. Sandrel can really test exactly what kind of information our brains were absorbing during the school year.



No comments:

Post a Comment