Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design


Gravity Engine
We started yet another project for GT were we have to make a chase game on scratch and it came out really great! But one of the things in my head was, "How is this game going to be enjoyable or grossing for people who play it?" I decided to make it as grossing as possible by making the cat's movements small and the ladybug's movements really random making it as hard as possible. Sure, t may be hard and stuff, but just look at Flappy Bird! It's a huge pain, but you just keep on playing and playing! So I try to model my game on that specific principle.

The best part of my game in my opinion is the painstaking button mashing that you have to do in order to be adept at this game! (as I mentioned in the paragraph above) I also like how I figured out how to switch backdrops when the player won the game In my opinion these features were pretty much all that made my project pride-worthy by my standards and I can't really see this game without these two things.

My best line of code in my opinion was how I made the ladybug move in totally random spots on the stage, but it wasn't me who made the code. It was off the internet by another scratcher who is ten trillion time better than I am! There wasn't any huge problems with my code, but there was the trouble of making my game end, or making the fame end when the time limit was reached but with some help from my friends I overcame this roadblock! (which by the way took 2 days to overcome)

9 comments:

  1. Amazing I like how you made a cat chasing a ladybug.
    Once in a while I automatically win the game when I start it.
    It is cool how your games work with the randomly moving ladybug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the way you made a cat chase a ladybug instead of a dog chasing a cat. However, the most uncomfortable thing about your game was that your cat didn't have smooth moving and the ladybug teleported to on side to another. Still, I love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed how you tricked me with the red platforms and only made the black ones platforms. One thing you could change to make your game better is the character movement. By using a forever block and move x units when you press the arrow keys, you should do a more smoother movement rather than the jumpy moving you made. However, Your sprite of the Earth is a good size for the levels

    ReplyDelete
  4. The platform game is great! It was difficult at first, but once I got the hang of it I was able to get to the top. The only thing that troubled me was that I was only able to move the ball if I pressed the arrow key over and over again. Maybe if you could have made it so when the player holds down the key it keeps going? Other than that, the game was creative and I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the challenge of trying not to fall, I really like the variety of sizes in platforms. Make sure your character goes back to the bottom of the stage when you reset the game. Good job coding the planet/ball character, the code works well in the first level.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the way you you used the red blocks, as well as the black. I would recommend (as Madi said) make sure your character goes to the spot where you start from when you win/lose. The game was really fun! It was a good challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the the variety of sizes of plat forms. I couldn't get the ball to go down when I pressed the down arrow.I love how smooth the game worked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the the variety of sizes of plat forms. I couldn't get the ball to go down when I pressed the down arrow.I love how smooth the game worked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The platformer was good; It had a variety of obsticals and platforms.
    Use a "Forever; If left/right arrow pressed, change X by 10/-10 (respectivly)" It will make walking a LOT smoother.
    Good job on the platformer's difficulty.

    ReplyDelete