Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Character Development


Finished Product


In our class we are now currently working on making funny animations or .GIF(S) and as we type we are now making funny animations using our own bodies. To do this we kind of had to identify flaws within ourselves to kind of over exaggerate them and show them in a amusing little animation. An example of a flaw I find in myself is overall clumsiness and awkwardness, but only if it's a certain situation. If everyone is expecting something from me and they are all watching, odds are that I'm gonna do or say something wrong. I've also been told that in different instances I have funny reactions to things. For example, if someone were to surprise me unexpectedly I'd probably screech and make some weird face, while saying some random cobbled together words that don't make sense.



But in the animation version of me, I'll try to specifically focus on the clumsiness and awkwardness with some funny and random reactions dotted in between of them. My only regret with this whole animation project is the fact that there can be no sound, as the .GIF format does not allow audio, (I think) I also found that the animation technique that we are currently using (Photoshop Puppet Warp) totally baffles me, making the most simple animations really problematic. Whenever I animate or try to change the posture of my character all of the frames/layers I previously made change! But hey, try, try, try again right?


In order to first make our .GIF character we first had to that a picture that captured our body as a whole including limbs, joints and everything else. We then had to take our bodies like this in different angles, like from the side, front and back. WE then had to cut them out using the quick selection tool in Photoshop and to use puppet warp, which enables us to make our body digital marionettes with different pins and pulleys. Then we kind of do a stop-motion technique to animate that character, moving a limb or joint slightly and making a frame/layer out of and putting it together makes (viola!) a ANIMATION is born!



















No comments:

Post a Comment