Friday, January 30, 2015

HDR Photography

Our GT teacher is now starting to teach us HDR photography which is basically a camera function to blend in multiple pictures and make one picture. The different pictures are supposed to have varying lighting so that the HDR can blend in the darkness and the brightness to make a picture with equal amounts of each attribute. With Photoshop and some other programs you could further customize that picture to your liking. Our teacher made our assignment so that we couldn't do it automatically with that function in the camera so we had to do it manually! Its really easy actually and I like almost everything about it. If you were to use HDR automatically it might spit out a picture you might not like and to be honest I really do like it.

Kaz Espina, Thanks For Your Help!
So in the edge of your camera on your I-phone there is a HDR button right? Doing it manually on Photoshop is a bit different from that. So you have to take 7 photos of varying exposure plus it has to be about the same subject with little to no changes in every picture and select them all by clicking file,automate and merge with HDR Pro. You click browse and pick whatever pictures you want to have the HDR treatment. After a while it's gonna be done and if you want to customize there are some customization options on the side and if you are done click OK.

Usually when I do an HDR photo I want to make sure that you can see everything and it's enough to trick your eyes and make you think you're staring at the real thing. I make sure that the shadows are lighten enough so that you can see what's hiding in there but not so much so that the sun isn't painful to look at. I also make the other colors pop out and really stand out. So the ideal HDR photo for me is something vibrant and something with little to no shadows. But of course since I haven't quite mastered it yet it sometimes comes out like a pastel nightmare.






20 comments:

  1. I like the up-front branch in focus.
    Not surreal, Layer effects on text seem dull.
    Within the rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how he just fits inside the image
    It isn't really surreal
    Nice rule of thirds. I really like your word and how it stands out, but isn't the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photo
    needs to be more sureal
    good rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has good colors and it is in the rule of thirds and it cut his wrist

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually really love the environment you chose to take your landscape photo. Nothing was really surreal, but I like where you positioned the focal points.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice layout.
    Does not have a focal.
    Nice sky and movement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your landscape photo!!
    One thing that could be better is that your image can be more surrealistic.
    I also like that you have the rule of thirds!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the colors in your images! They're very vibrant.
    You might have wanted to cut out Michael a little better it doesnt look very realistic.
    Other than that, I like your landscape the clouds look as if they're moving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you used the quick selection tool good
    I think you could make it more surrealistic
    I like the rule of thirds on the mountain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Complement: It is a beautiful shot of detail
    Criticism: Doesn't look like the guy is actually in the shot
    Complement: Vibrant and balanced

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your landscape photo.
    You could've not include the drive way so we can focus on one thing at a time.
    I also like how well a the flower stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that the persons face is in the rule of thirds. I think you could have made your word pop out more with a better color and bigger. I like the mountain in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pictures like how they have rule of thirds
    could of make it more searlistic
    good job

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the rule of thirds.
    His watch was cut off some.
    The text color matches with the sky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Work on your refining edges because it cuts off a part of his arm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the background and how it was taken.
    You should have payed more attention to the small details.
    I like how the photos all together are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the part of the tree thats like right in front of the camera.
    Not really surreal, the text doesn't really stand out.
    I like how your image came together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Compliment: on your landscape photo its a great view
    Improvement:Make the word "life" bigger
    Compliment: Rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the color in your photo Michael is a little out of rule of thirds Thats a nice word for the pic

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how how the person is in the rule of thirds!
    You could've refined the edge more.
    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete